Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod Street twin clutches

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Mcleod Street twin clutches

I'm going to need to replace my factory clutch next summer. I was thinking about going with the spec 3 or centerforce clutch. But from what I read and heard it's a hit/miss type of clutch. Many people had good /bad experinces with the two clutches. One being they dont last very long. So I was thinking about Buying a Mcleod Street Twin. There a little more expensive. But will they last much longer. I was looking for a clutch that will handle 400rwhp -600rwhp next summer and last a very very long time. Are these Mcleods a hit/miss type of clutch also - Like the spec 3 or centerforce??? How much miles do people have on these clutches??
Old 12-28-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great clutch and well worth the money... it drives almost like stock (except for a little more pedal pressure), no chatter at all, and it hits HARD when you want it to.

The clutch I had before it was a RAM Powergrip HD, and after one hard launch at over 6000 rpms, the disk was stripped of all its friction material... sparks went flying and everything (wish I got that one on film). Not only that, but every launch I made it never broke the tires loose... didn't hit as hard as I thought it would.

Put a McLeod Twin in, and the first time I tried launching the same way I did on my RAM clutch, it broke my 26" ET Streets loose and just boiled them the first 60'. This was after doing a good burnout to get them sticky... ended up having to launch at 4k rpms and bog it just to get it to stick the launch. So because that clutch hits like an SOB, I have to step up to a larger tire...

Definitely recommended... drives great, and grips like a ***** when you need it to.

Quick Reply: Mcleod Street twin clutches