Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed LS7/LS2 Clutch and Flywheel. My comments and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed LS7/LS2 Clutch and Flywheel. My comments and questions.

Installed the LS7 Clutch and LS2 flywheel today. Plus all the other goodies (slave etc.). Unfortunatly, my transmission and differential were filled with water. I guess the owner before me did something really f-ed up. I've been driving it this way for about the past 6-8 months and god knows how long its been like that before i got it. Also, as of late... 2nd gear ALWAYS grinds going in. I guess water coroded something because the problem has only gotten worse. I was hoping it would get fixed with the new clutch and stuff. I have a feeling its the 2nd gear synchro. Any ideas?

On another note, the clutch is super smooth! I'm pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that the shift point is very low to the floor. Any way of adjusting this?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a flood car???? The clutch is self adjusting.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, there are shims the aftermarket suppliers make to go between the slave and the transmission case. It moves the slave forward and causes the point of engagement to be higher on the pedal. I want to say mine was about .090 of an inch. If you do use a shim, save yourself some grief and go get some longer bolts for mounting the slave to the tranny. If you don't, you risk stripping the threads.