Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fu Gm And Your Pos Hydrolics. Mother Of God

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i bled mine through for about an hour 6 months ago, seemed to give a smoother engagement, but fluid was still black.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
FWIW-AP designed the factory hydraulics.

who the heck is that?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
who the heck is that?
A huge company that makes stuff for cars and motorcycles. Their brakes are used in F1 and indy car, pedal boxes used in lemans racing, air jacks, and a bunch of other things. So they know what theyre doing.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

A huge company that makes stuff for cars and motorcycles. Their brakes are used in F1 and indy car, pedal boxes used in lemans racing, air jacks, and a bunch of other things. So they know what theyre doing.
btw. awesome ride dude
Old 03-14-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AP =Automotive Products. The hydraulic( concentric slave cylinder) division was bought out by FTE about a year ago.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
btw. awesome ride dude
Thanks
Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by calhoon
Simma down nah .The hydraulic relase system has nothing to do with Tremec as it is fully designed, installed by GM. On that note, If you had used it as designed you may not have had the headaches you dealt yourself .I see that you have LT installed. I guess maybe you should be beat for improper car crafting and allowing those deficient hydraulics from being heated up by your blunder, not insulating the feed line. Mods are mods if you do them poorly , accept what you have done and what you get.
just j/k. chill- most parts must be outsourced. gm must have known about both hyd. clutch and 10 bolt issues. duh if i had used it as designed i would still be 13's. i used jeggs heat sock, plus extra heavy gas line , wrapped with heat wrap insulation, and insured it was behind heat sheild. so improved car crafting was allowed before hand. clutch still went to floor 4 times in 62 passes. with ram flywheel, zo6 pressure plate and 3 button clutch balanced. stick your "mods are mods" comment where the sun don't shine- bubba.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:16 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

air jacks
Those are so bad ***....I wonder what it would take to install...
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

OOO 02 blacky cyber bulldog. I guess I was a little too polite in your case. There is another factor to consider= driver error. Prehaps you need driver lessons besides crafting lessons. Most come on here looking for help and direction not a place to make cyber threats.Your bull dog attitude not only shows you do not deserve my time of day but that you DO deserve the problems you have brought on yourself. Bub yourself and you can pull your head out from where you have blocked the sunlight from clear thinking.If you still feel froggy come and meet my friend buck shot, fool.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

OOO 02 blacky cyber bulldog. I guess I was a little too polite in your case. There is another factor to consider= driver error. Prehaps you need driver lessons besides crafting lessons. Most come on here looking for help and direction not a place to make cyber threats.Your bull dog attitude not only shows you do not deserve my time of day but that you DO deserve the problems you have brought on yourself. Bub yourself and you can pull your head out from where you have blocked the sunlight from clear thinking.If you still feel froggy come and meet my friend buck shot, fool.
Most come on here looking for help and direction not a place to make cyber threats.

Then why are you starting so much smart *** **** ? I was here attempting to add value to known clutch system defect on some f-bodys. we do enjoy using our cars in ways not designed. add a little humor about gm designer. i have helped many a kid in the club swap out there clutch and heard the comment " if i ever meet the guy that designed this peice of crap".
You did inform us of who is the current crap supplier, thank you. but i dont see any other value to our goals here. however once again with your current post , this is good "Prehaps you need driver lessons besides crafting lessons." youre right 12.07@114 with a Stock Internal M6 lS1 is slow.
we have both accomplished our goals however , my car is faster, more reliable and looks better than new. You are now an accomplished SMART-***
Old 03-17-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

If pointing out your immature attitude and whining about accepting the results of your own actions is being a smart ***, ya thats me. If I ,then ,am a smart *** then I guess that makes you a.....dumb ***.

Last edited by calhoon; 03-17-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

If pointing out your immature attitude and whining about accepting the results of your own actions is being a smart ***, ya thats me. If I ,then ,am a smart *** then I guess that makes you a.....dumb ***.
Your an IDIOT!The stock setup in an f-body sucks ***.I also have no ******* clue on what GM was thinking when they stuck a 10 bolt in these cars.As far as a driving lesson,get some paper,pen,and something to wipe your eyes with cause you would get taken to school by probly half the guys in here.If you have never experinced at least on of the problems then your to slow for me to waist MY TIME ON.You *** hat!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Look, your an engineer. From your recent post I'd say your an engineer that has something to do with the auto industry dealing with transmissions. That's all fine and dandy but for you to sit here and try to e-threaten someone is crazy.

You can not honestly sit there and tell me that the F-body/corvette slave on the input shaft idea is a good idea?!!? Hell, I don't believe that the hydrolic clutch at ALL is a good idea. Look at the cobra, how many clutch problems do you see those guys having?

I am on my 4th clutch in almost 2 years. My car is basically stock. Yes, I have long tube headers but have never had the problem where my clutch pedal sticks to the floor. I have had 2 clutchs and suspect a 3rd fail because the slave (first the stock one with 32k miles on it, then one less than 6 months old) failed and leaked fluid onto the clutch disk.

Basically I'm saying you shouldn't jump on someone for being pissed about the design of this...and I agree with 02BLK-SS, if I ever meet the dumbass who designed it then we will throw down. If that's you, then I hope we meet some time...
Old 03-22-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The stock clutch blows. I did everything from insulating the line between the master and slave, to all the different ways of bleeding. Even replaced the master. When I replaced the clutch the pedal to the floor was gone. My guess is the clutch assembly is a faulty design.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Red 99:I am an engineer but I had nothing to do with the concentric design of the release system on these(or any other) cars. There are definitly issues with the ease of bleeding and the affect of the feed line restriction( by design to limit the apply rate of the clutch)in the Fcar. There are published aids/ fixes for these issues on this board. As to threats?The only thing I stated is that the likes of people that would like to do me harm can expect to be greeted with prepared and swift response .That is no threat it is a promised reaction.
You're right, threats have no place here..my point exactly. If you still wish to defend that sort of whining I really have no use for you euther. I also doubt we will ever meet so why make a threat? You seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth.
As I stated before , I attempt to help those here that request it. I do not intend to be the brunt of a mis -infiomed attack of the spooty-heads. Get pissed at YOUR mistakes but accept where they originate. Although lacking in a few areas , the LS1 system has served many well( myself included)
If you knew anything close to what you think you would know that most of the industry has used CSCs for ions. To even think an out dated cable system that is in the Cobra is a good idea proves my point further. At least they will upgrade to a hydraulic system in the 500. And yes it is concentric.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
How about this stuff:

Anyone ever try it?? Being that its fully synthetic, it has a higher boiling point (500 degrees) than conventional hydraulic fluid.

that is what I use it works great.

no matter what hydraulic fluid will change color.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Body droppings
How articulate you really shine with your gems of wit.
I have experienced issues with the hydraulics on my car. I have solved them and I have tried to help others do the same.I claim no connection with the design of the hydraulics here. I do ,however, accept that when I alter my car I accept the consequences of that. Just what was your message? Keep your time by the way.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Body droppings
How articulate you really shine with your gems of wit.
I have experienced issues with the hydraulics on my car. I have solved them and I have tried to help others do the same.I claim no connection with the design of the hydraulics here. I do ,however, accept that when I alter my car I accept the consequences of that. Just what was your message? Keep your time by the way.
I think you were touched by my post cause once again you posted.

Quick Reply: Fu Gm And Your Pos Hydrolics. Mother Of God