Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cluth problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cluth problems?

I was out driveing my car a while ago and i lost the ablity to shift so i figure im low on clutch fluid so i make to the side of the road and i check the fluid level and its dry a bone.So i start to put fluid in the system and start pumping the pettal and the clutch still gose down and i look under and i have a line lose but i dont have it in the air yet but what type of fitting am i looking at under there and is it s stee.l braided line or something else anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Launching!

I think you're having the same problem I had. I stupid shop rerouted my the Steel Braided line on the wrong side of the steering shaft causing the braided line to get too hot from being near the LT's and burn a small hole on the inner tubing. Since you have LT's that could definitely be the problem. Is there fluid on the ground after you pour some in and push the clutch?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Well when i put fluid in the resivar and pump the petal it goese down and up with no effort with pusshing with my hand so i puti up on stands and started filoling up the rezivar and start pumping again well it start leasking like a sive out between the trany and the bellhouseing. So i thought about it for a few and figured the only hydralics insided the trany is the Stuipid slave cly which is only 1500 miles old is busted i tooke it back in and they took the trany off and the slave is busted to all hell is what happened to me.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

when u put fluid in it did u see any on the floor if yes its an external leakage fing and make sure the conections are not bad, if you don't see any fall on the floor ints internal you nee to change the slave cylinder that means removing the tranny.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Dont worry its all fixed by the dealership for free parts labor and the tow there lol
Old 03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Sweet deal man! That was my next guess... you were prolly spraying your clutch with fluid... blech