Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Single Disk??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McLeod Single Disk??

Well I was talking to my shop about a new clutch after getting my H/C and they recommended the McLeod Single Disk. I have seen quite alot about the Twin Disk but not too much about the Single. I was told that the Single will have a stock feel and be good for a daily driver. I don't know if I made a mistake in ordering it but can someone help me out on if I made a mistake? Or problems I could run into?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

you will love the single disk if you dont have problems with the adj. master cylinder. I myself have NEVER had a single problem with the clutch and Im very happy with the $750 investment. A couple of my buddies had problems with their adj. master cylinder with the clutch pedal engaging at different distances though.

Better to spend the money the first time around instead of replacing clutch after clutch after clutch. I think I have around 40,000 miles on my single/kevlar and its still grabbin hard after 5500rpm launches.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm putting the same clutch in this week, along with a new adj master and new slave. There are a few guys around here putting some serious HP though it.