Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anybody attempt this Master Cyl Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody attempt this Master Cyl Mod?

I have a 1993 Z28 that I first swapped in a M6 from an auto, then I swapped in a LS6 motor and swapped the necessary trans parts. The problem is that the LSX hydraulics suck compared to the LT1's systems and have gave me a lot of problems. I replaced the Slave and the same problem - no FULL only partial disengment. I tryed everything under the search feature on this site. However, After cussing out GM for a week I was measuring and thinking. I took the master out of the car (came off a good Clutch system) and I looked at the rod and I see that it is not going all the way in the master. I saw the mcloed adjustable master but don't want to spend the $$ yet. So I was thinking this - there is a silver shaft with eyelet over the brass colored rod out of the master with two crimps on it. Has anyone moved the silver rod up farther on the brass rod and recrimped or installed a cotter pin? Or am I an idiot and should just buy the Mcloed master?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Just in case somebody in the future searched this - it worked and after three weeks i have a working clutch
Old 03-16-2006, 04:58 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought a Mcleod master and called it a day. There was a guy that would sell them for 130$ on Ebay for a while.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I just bought a Mcleod master and called it a day. There was a guy that would sell them for 130$ on Ebay for a while.
Wish I woulda saw that.

Quick Reply: Anybody attempt this Master Cyl Mod?