Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Noisy transmisson HELP!!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy transmisson HELP!!!!

Ever since I have taken my car to the shop, for a transmission rebuild, i got new slave and new master cylinder. I had got the car back from the shop and it drove awesome until i noticed some rattles in the exhaust so i look and they forgot to bolt back up my band clamp on the exhaust for the y and i pipe. so you know i fix that and a nother thing that i notice is my shifter is really loose it wasn't tighten up all the way, so i tighten it. then 2 days later i go drive my car and it want go into anygear, i goes back to the dealership to only find a bunch of air in the hydrolics, get it back and it drives and goes in to all the gears just fine, but this noise has occured of a sound as if they is something in the bottom of my bellhousing and getting swooped up with the gust of wind in there, and continues to rattle around with a rotatonallysound to it as it hits hard on the side of something, so i take it back and it will not make this noise for them, i have taken it to two different dealerships and it still makes this noise. i have driven the car with them in there and it will not make the noise with them in the car, so i take it home the second i pull in the drive way it makes the noise again and is still doing it more and more. i am would like for gm to pull the tranny and look to see if something is messed up or out of place, but there lack of care brings me back home pissed off even more. so i am sunk, i am tempted to pull the tranny my self and have a look but i dont think that i have the guts to do this, i would like for jason at tdp to have a look at it for my but if there is nothing wrong with it then i dont want to feel like a stupid *** for him ripping the tranny out and there be nothing wrong. so **** my queston is what do i do next should i even deel with gm or what.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

Ttttttttttt
Old 03-20-2006, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

sounds like so natural tranny noise. If you push the clutch in you hear the shaft rotation inside the car. put it in gear ant the noise goes away. that is naturAL TO HEAr cause the flor is open at the shifter. I covered the hole with some dynamat and it got rid of the interior noise of the tranny
Old 03-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Banned

no this awful noise it makes is not natural im positive that there is something layin at the bottom of the bellhousing cus when i make turns it moves around and gets caught up in the flywheel and then starts to make the nosie than goes away seconds later.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running into the same problem. I got a brand new T-56 and the more miles i put on it the worse it whines. I've only put 2,500 miles on it since I got it. My rear also lerches when I let the clutch out in 1rst on top of that. Along with rattling when I rev in-between 1500-2500rpm. And 4th grinds about every 3 times i put it in gear??? I'm wondering if there's enough fluid? (haven't checked) or change fluid because they used some 99cent a bottle stuff.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
no this awful noise it makes is not natural im positive that there is something layin at the bottom of the bellhousing cus when i make turns it moves around and gets caught up in the flywheel and then starts to make the nosie than goes away seconds later.
You mentioned they left things loose on the exhaust system, well could they have left something loose inside the bell housing?, like one of the bolts that hold the clutch to the flywheel? it may have wored itself out, i guess the bolt would naturally lie on the bottom of the bell housing, there is a small slit, shine a torch in there and see what you can see. Most of the time I guess if there is a bolt in there i dosn't hit anything, but at times it moves hits something, rattles and is back out of the way again for a little while. Its just something to check.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
I'm running into the same problem. I got a brand new T-56 and the more miles i put on it the worse it whines. I've only put 2,500 miles on it since I got it. My rear also lerches when I let the clutch out in 1rst on top of that. Along with rattling when I rev in-between 1500-2500rpm. And 4th grinds about every 3 times i put it in gear??? I'm wondering if there's enough fluid? (haven't checked) or change fluid because they used some 99cent a bottle stuff.
I had a whining noise on mine left it for a year or two, got worse, made a nice sound like a supercharger. Anyway, had a spare clutch ready, my slave cylinder popped too. Changed all that, found my pilot bearing was no more, it was just iron fileings, nothing left of it, that I guess was the whining sound. It only sounded at certainy RPM's and in certain gears too. The pilot bearing is at the end of the input shaft in the middle of the flywheel. This was my whinning noise, may be the same for you.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
You mentioned they left things loose on the exhaust system, well could they have left something loose inside the bell housing?, like one of the bolts that hold the clutch to the flywheel? it may have wored itself out, i guess the bolt would naturally lie on the bottom of the bell housing, there is a small slit, shine a torch in there and see what you can see. Most of the time I guess if there is a bolt in there i dosn't hit anything, but at times it moves hits something, rattles and is back out of the way again for a little while. Its just something to check.
EXACTLY,i just need to take it to the dealership and have them fix that ****
Old 03-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

mother ******* dealerships, i took it to another dealership today vividly describing them wat the problem was and we drove it around and no nosie at all but i told them it happened ramdomly so now the will not fix it because the can not hear the noise im am going up there later today to drive it until i do hear the noise and im taking one of those rat bastards with me to drive. i have had it with this ****, and on top of it they want me to pay a 50 dollar dectbuable for them looking at it.

oh and i also metioned chatter noise when in neutral and they said for every problem there is with it there will be another 50 dollars for them to look at the other problems

so what should i do/say when i go up there to drive it with one of them? should i refuse to pay the 50 bucks if we do not hear the nosie on the drive or what?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
mother ******* dealerships, i took it to another dealership today vividly describing them wat the problem was and we drove it around and no nosie at all but i told them it happened ramdomly so now the will not fix it because the can not hear the noise im am going up there later today to drive it until i do hear the noise and im taking one of those rat bastards with me to drive. i have had it with this ****, and on top of it they want me to pay a 50 dollar dectbuable for them looking at it.

oh and i also metioned chatter noise when in neutral and they said for every problem there is with it there will be another 50 dollars for them to look at the other problems

so what should i do/say when i go up there to drive it with one of them? should i refuse to pay the 50 bucks if we do not hear the nosie on the drive or what?!?!?!?!?
How about taking a tape/video recorder, record the noise, you could also post it on here then for others to try and diagnose it.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

the only thing i got is me at the drag strip and it doing it on the stagin line lol i dont knw wat the dealership is gonan say about that

Search this Thread