Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch problem on daily driver.....need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
thats not good!! did u see any leaks on the line itself? if not, then your slave took a ****.
I didnt get a chance to get it in the air yet. I guess worse case scenario, is that I'm gonna have to have the slave replaced. Well, at least its not too expensive of a part. The labor will probably be the killer, I guess. I'd do it myself, but I live in an apartment, and I dont have any access to a lift, or the proper tools at the time. Time to go to the stealership....

If I get a new slave, should I do the drill mod to it anyway? Also, anybody know where I can get a write up on how to do the drill mod? Thanks again, guys. I appreciate everyones help.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you do the drill mod on the master, not the slave. installuniversity.com has the write-up. its easy. Arent you in the corps?? you guys dont have a hobby shop? we do (navy) I pulled my master at my apt., i also pulled my cam and heads
Old 03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

bleed first
Old 03-20-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98SS2836
You have to vacuum bleed it from the top reservoir find a old car somewhere get a vacuum bleeder like the mighty vac (25$) drill a small hole in the old cap you'll already see a little hole in it just drill there with one of the adapters from the mighty vac place it in the hole pull to about 15in of vacuum do not exceed 15 in you'll see the fluid come up and hear air bubbles bubbling. Repeat till you do not hear any bubbles. Done no going under the car. I Have a factory service bulletin on the upgrade bleeding procedure ill try to dig it out and post it.
He doesn't need to get an old cap and drill it, he can pump the air bubbles out straight from the hole at the bottom of the master cylinder hole with one of the conical tips that comes with the mityvac.

Don't replace the slave cylinder just yet. First, fill up the master cylinder with fluid, then bleed through the bleeder valve on the slave, then add fluid, then bleed through the slave, then add fluid, etc. Once you've done this about 6 times, make sure the bleeder valve is closed tightly (don't over-torque!) and use the mityvac on the hole at the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir with one of those conical tips that comes with the mityvac. Pump out the air bubbles through there until you get very few coming up through the line. Drive your car around to see how the clutch feels and check if you have the same symptoms you were having before. If not, then you're done and maybe the culprit of this problem was that your bleeder valve was not closed completely. If your problem continues, then move onto replacing parts.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turns out, that it was the slave which took a crap. Got it replaced, and all is good. Thanks a lot for all of the help, folks!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

glad you got it fixed. did u keep the old slave by chance? it helps to keep the quick disconnect for future bleeding

Quick Reply: Clutch problem on daily driver.....need help!