Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia Flywheel problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Textralia Flywheel problems

What's up with the problems stated on the website? Says not to use their new aluminum flywheel anymore?

DISCONTINUED DUE TO SHORT SERVICE LIFE OF THE BILLETT FLYWHEEL. IF YOU HAVE ONE: CHECK IMMEDIATELY FOR RIDGES,CRACKS,AND “CRAZING” OF THE “COLD SPRAYED” FACE
ON THE FLYWHEEL SURFACE. COULD BE DANGEROUS TO ONE’S HEALTH!
Contact Pete at 214.227.6660 or through his website.

I just got mine in Oct of 05 with that new flywheel that was made and I'm trying to figure out if that's the one I have?
Old 04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

There's a very bitter dispute going on between Jeff (at http://www.textralia.com ) and Pete (at http://www.textralia.com.au ). Draw your own conclusions on what's happening.

That said, who's to say that the clutch pictured on .com wasn't installed properly? Now, I have noticed quite a few Textralia owners posting up that their pressure plate bolts have backed out. I think at this point Loctite Red would be prudent on those bolts. Anyhow, if PP bolts back out, it causes slip. Slip causes heat. Heat causes stress. Stress causes cracks. And it would result in a flywheel that looks exactly like what you're seeing on there. ANY flywheel will look like that when exposed to enough heat/stress. Even the ones that he's trying to sell.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
There's a very bitter dispute going on between Jeff (at http://www.textralia.com ) and Pete (at http://www.textralia.com.au ). Draw your own conclusions on what's happening.

That said, who's to say that the clutch pictured on .com wasn't installed properly? Now, I have noticed quite a few Textralia owners posting up that their pressure plate bolts have backed out. I think at this point Loctite Red would be prudent on those bolts. Anyhow, if PP bolts back out, it causes slip. Slip causes heat. Heat causes stress. Stress causes cracks. And it would result in a flywheel that looks exactly like what you're seeing on there. ANY flywheel will look like that when exposed to enough heat/stress. Even the ones that he's trying to sell.
Very true. I've talked with Jeff several times and he seems like a real stand up guy. He was always asking about how my clutch was doing after I had it installed. For him to not want to do business with Pete anymore, kinda makes me feel like something's up. I've sent him an e-mail so I'll see what he has to say about all this.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myz06
For him to not want to do business with Pete anymore, kinda makes me feel like something's up.
Jeff wants 10x's his original investment in the company when that not not an option in the first place...Jeff gets pissed and tries to cut Pete out of business. Pete holds the high ground and remains the ONLY real supplier of REAL Textralia OZ700 clutch kits. Do no buy them anywhere else.

*edit* By real supplier, I mean the only person who supplies real clutch kits to vendors and such. Young as well as others sell his clutch kits at awesome prices so don't think I'm saying to buy direct from Pete...and I don't think you can do that anyways. Oh well, I dunno nuffin George.

By the way, if you want a pic of my billet flywheel after 1000 miles, you just let me know. I'll take a pic when I get home and I'll show you what the break in of 300 miles and beating the **** out of it for the next 700 mil;es does to the flywheel...not a thing. I followed the instructions, double checked torque settings, used blue loctite and mine as been perfect. Pressure plate shows even and very minimal wear as well as flywheel. Excellent holding power, no chatter after first 100-200 break in miles, stock pedal feel...couldn't ask for more.

It's like sex...but better.

P.S.

The flywheel issue with Jeff on the USA version of Textralia's website (BS) says the flywheel has problems because JEFF CAN'T GET THE QUALITY FLYWHEELS THAT PETE HAS! LoL

Last edited by 02BlackBullet; 04-04-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This matter is being adjudacated by the courts, and thus I am very limited to what I can, and cannot say in this matter.

There are NO defects in our product offerings.
Textralia has and always will stand behind its product 100%.
If anyone has a concern they can contact Textralia @ Admin@textralia.com.au or by phone @ 214-227-6660
Old 04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Closing per request. Please contact Textralia if you have issues!

You can also contact YoungB@BYUNSPEED here on the board, he's more than happy to help as well.

Last edited by Camaroholic; 04-06-2006 at 06:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Textralia Flywheel problems