Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS6 Clutch in a LS1 Camaro...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Old thread back Alive.

ok im in the same bout that u guys were in.

would i have any problems with the zo6 clutch p/n 12570806 in to my 99 ?

thanks
Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alamantia
I'm sure those parts could very well work in more than one application. Basicaly this whole thing started because I threw a few bolt-ons on my car and found the slight increase in torque was causing my stock clutch to slip. I have a connection at my chevy dealer and was thinking of going with a GM upgrade to my car as I'm a big fan of factory parts when it comes to drivability as a good factory clutch should insure a smooth stock pedal feel & quiet operation.

I'm not makin big HP, I'm just looking for an upgrade. I heard that my car may have already come with the "LS6" clutch in it from the factory but I could not find any documentation to support that, only hearsay from other F-body guys. I researched it and found that there are indeed two different GM part numbers between the two clutches. A bit of work but I wanted to make sure before i stupidly invested in what i thought was an upgrade and it not turning out to be one.

My inqury to fred beans supported my theroy that the 2002-2004 Z06 clutch (12570806) is better than the stock "LS6" clutch (12581650) which comes in my car from the factory so I went with the Z06. We will see how much better it is as soon as i seat the disc in a few miles.
Was that the stock z06 flywheel as well?

Quick Reply: LS6 Clutch in a LS1 Camaro...?