Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Loose Pressure Plate Symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Pressure Plate Symptoms

I recently installed an LS7 clutch with a Fidanza Aluminum LS2 Flywheel and the clutch has went through several different stages since the install and I was wondering if they are normal or not. It started feather light, engaging right off the floor then firmed up a little and engagement point raised slightly. Now its just feeling kinda funny. My old stock clutch, and this one when first installed, had a definite disengagement point. Don't really know how to explain the feeling I'm talking about, sort of like pulling a compound bow back and its firm at first then just goes easier. Well anyway, it doesn't feel like that now. It's just the same pressure all the way down which feels strange to me. When I put the pressure plate bolts on I did not use loctite and I didn't know if maybe the bolts could have came loose. What would happen if they did start to come loose. I torqued them to 55 ft/lbs. Is this something to worry about or just another stage of the break in process. Oh, by the way, clutch now has 700 miles and no hard driving yet. Thanks in advance.

-Eli
Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

I think I am having similar problems. Sometimes when I put it in gear the car wants to lunge. But If I put the e-brake on there is a clear friction point. So may be the same thing. My trans is out for other upgrades so I will check the PP to be sure the bolts are tight.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, let me know if that seems to fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Loose Pressure Plate Symptoms