Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 hydraulics vs LS1 hydraulics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 hydraulics vs LS1 hydraulics

What's the difference between the two? I've never seen anyone having any issues with LT1 cars, and I've also noticed that LT1 cars have a heavier clutch then mine, both with my old slave and the updated slave I have now. If there's a way to convert to the LT1 variation, I'd like to partly because I want a heavier clutch feel and mainly to avoid all the problems people seem to have with LS1 cars.

Jason
Old 06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
On the tree

You wont be able to even use the LS1/T56 on a LT1 car, I was thought that they are two completely different setups and will not swap over. You also would not want a actual heavier clutch, it will just zap power and the other reason you dont hear LT1 owners have problems is they did not come from the factory making 300rwhp like the LS1 cars did.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

The LT1 version has more movin parts. In my eyes, more moving parts, means more stuff that can break.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

How does a heavier clutch translate into more moving parts and zapping power? Not trying to be a jerk or anything. I've just never heard of this before.

Ultimately if there was a cable setup out there to convert our cars to adjustable cable operated clutches like the Mustangs, I would. A stiffer clutch and a little less travel along with no hydraulic lines to get air in would be a nice change.

Jason

Quick Reply: LT1 hydraulics vs LS1 hydraulics