Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

01 Dodge Ram 3/4ton NV3500 Clutch issue, I need some input!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Dodge Ram 3/4ton NV4500 Clutch issue, I need some input!!

Ok heres the problem my clutch has been acting weird for a few weeks now. Im pretty sure its on the way since I can feel it slipping when you start our from a stop, thats a given. But, Ocassionaly when you disengage the clutch and have your foot all the way to the floor and go to engage it the clutch will engage within a 1/2 inch of bringing my foot off the floor. The Truck even kept moving under power with the clutch all the way to the floor a few times. So i figure that cant be good.

Does this sound like something related to the clutch only or the pressure plate not releasing? Could it have something to do with the Slave cylinder bleeding pressure and allowing the clutch to reengage?? I looked in my haynes manual and they said the slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder and reservoir can only be purchased as a complete unit and not seperate so i dont even wanna know what that would cost.

Autozone Carries LUK brand clutch packages with a lifetime warrany and include pretty much everything clutch, Diaphram, pressure plate, throwout bearing for 193 so thats not all bad.

thanks,
-john

Last edited by JPMuscle; 06-20-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a hydraulic issue if the consistancy in the pedal is changing.
Hows the fluid look?
If it is not loosing fluid I would be looking into the master 1st.