Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

For the smoothest shifts...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For the smoothest shifts...?

I currently own a 05 GTO...

What do you do to get the smoothest shifts? I feel fine in my car, but whenever I drive with someone else, they always seem to move forward each time I shift (well, in the low gears mostly). I have tried many different way, and I find that depressing the clutch slowly while staying on the gas works the best. Depress the clutch slowly, then the gas pedal while shifting gears and then release the clutch slowly while getting back on the gas. Only problem with this is that the RPM's might be a bit too high and jerk the car once the clutch engages....any helpful hints to get the car running like it's an auto??
Old 06-22-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try leavin the throttle the same between the shifts, and **** pretty quick so the car doesnt slow down much.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Phlip00WS6
Try leavin the throttle the same between the shifts, and **** pretty quick so the car doesnt slow down much.
So are you saying to stay on the gas the whole time? or to get off the gas but then press down on the gas about the same amount before you depressed the clutch?? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just stay on the gas, but keep the rpms where they were before and shift it quick.