Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 clutch installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up LS7 clutch installed!!!

Ok well thanks to jason (11secproject) i now have my LS7 clutch installed. man i love this thing!!! it engages right off the floor. i couldn't be happier!!

Brad
Old 06-26-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, he hooked me up with mine, and i couldn't be happier with it so far!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to get mine in. Should be arriving this week.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Install went very smooth and turned out great. I would definatley reccomend this clutch in street cars.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Within the first 250 miles, the pedal was 75% back to where my stock clutch engaged. By 1000 miles, its completely back at the stock engagement point.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

who did you purchase the ls7 through?
Old 06-27-2006, 06:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I Bought It From A Guy On The Board!!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Launching!

im gonna be looking into one as well. where is hte best place to go?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

spanktu is the guy i think...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Sorry To Jack Ur Thread Bro But Did Any Of U Need To Adjust Ur Pressure Plate Before Installing It Or Should I Just Slap It On Right Out Of The Box. I've Heard That These Plates Need To Be Adjusted All The Way Back Before Installing It Or It Could Burn Up The Clutch. Anyone Heard Of This??
Old 06-29-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I installed it right out of the box. The pressure plates are self adjusting, which is why the pedal engages very low at first and comes back up ofter the first couple hundred miles.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

I JUST FINISHED MY A4 TO M6 SWAP AND MY CLUTCH FEEL LIKE ITS NOT DISENGUAGING. I BLEED THE HYDROLICS, THE PEDAL FELT A LOT BETTER BUT STILL WON'T SHIFT WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM YET?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onsracing
I JUST FINISHED MY A4 TO M6 SWAP AND MY CLUTCH FEEL LIKE ITS NOT DISENGUAGING. I BLEED THE HYDROLICS, THE PEDAL FELT A LOT BETTER BUT STILL WON'T SHIFT WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM YET?
CAPSLOCK!!!!! TAKE IT OFF!!!

Even if you bled the hydraulis, it may take 10 or 20 minutes of pumping the pedal till it starts to build up pressure. If you havnt been pumping it that long, you might simply need to spend more time and the pressure will slowly build up.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

sorry, caps is always on on my comp. lol ok i'm gonna bleed it sum more. whats the proper way to bleed, i'm pumping it about 5 times, pedal to the floor, opening up the bleeder, closing it, then let the pedal back up.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

sorry, caps is always on on my comp. lol ok i'm gonna bleed it sum more. whats the proper way to bleed, i'm pumping it about 5 times, pedal to the floor, opening up the bleeder, closing it, then let the pedal back up.
I wouldnt bother bleeding it any more. In practice it pumps up a little different than brakes do. Once youve gotten as much air out as you can by bleeding, just seal it back up and just pump the pedal. Eventually the last of the bubbles will work their way out even in the sealed system. I only bled a couple times till fluid came out, then I closed teh bleeder and pumped for about 20 minutes... First with my hand so i could pull the pedal back up, then when it started building pressure i continued with my foot. I had my brother take over when I would get tired and we switched back and fourth. It took a while, but the clutch had great pressure the first time i took it out, even if the engagement point was a little bit low. It did come up after the first couple hundred miles.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

ok i haven't tried pulling back the pedal with my hand after pumping it. let me see if it does anything.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

i think i'm SOL. i tried pumping it for a while and started the car and still nothing. is the clutch master supposed to make a "springy" sound? i think mine might be bad. also my car is idleing about 1200rpm, will that cause it not to get ingo gear??
Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
I wouldnt bother bleeding it any more. In practice it pumps up a little different than brakes do. Once youve gotten as much air out as you can by bleeding, just seal it back up and just pump the pedal. Eventually the last of the bubbles will work their way out even in the sealed system. I only bled a couple times till fluid came out, then I closed teh bleeder and pumped for about 20 minutes... First with my hand so i could pull the pedal back up, then when it started building pressure i continued with my foot. I had my brother take over when I would get tired and we switched back and fourth. It took a while, but the clutch had great pressure the first time i took it out, even if the engagement point was a little bit low. It did come up after the first couple hundred miles.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

I had this clutch in my 99 ta, held great, awesome feel to it, no chatter. I think I was the third person or so to do the swap. Now I am going to put it inm y 06 Goat... I love that clutch.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think i'm SOL. i tried pumping it for a while and started the car and still nothing. is the clutch master supposed to make a "springy" sound? i think mine might be bad. also my car is idleing about 1200rpm, will that cause it not to get ingo gear??
I dont think the high idle would have anything to do with clutch engagement. You might try releasing your quick disconnect fitting and starting it all over. Maybe you didnt get a good seal? Maybe theyres crap in the hose? Did you do the drill mod when you did the clutch? Could be crap left over in the line...
Old 07-02-2006, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
I dont think the high idle would have anything to do with clutch engagement. You might try releasing your quick disconnect fitting and starting it all over. Maybe you didnt get a good seal? Maybe theyres crap in the hose? Did you do the drill mod when you did the clutch? Could be crap left over in the line...
no, i haven't done the drill mod yet i noticed the fluid is cuming out black. i was thinking of buying a mighty vac and trying that. i put it in gear and tried starting it and it does jump forward so i know the pressure plate isn't releasing the clutch.