Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please help! Hydraulics are not fun!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Hydraulics are not fun!

Ill try to make it as short as possible:

I just installed a LS7 clutch, before the install everything worked fine except my spec was slipping. Now after LS7 is installed (along with new slave) the clutch doesnt seem to be dissengaging completely at any RPM. There is about 350 miles on the clutch, and I have tried the good ol' way of bleeding and that has yeilded the best results, shifting fairly well at all RPM's but still a little notchy. After cracking bleeder 2 man thing, I tried putting the mity vac to see what else I could get out of it and I loose all pressure in the clutch and it seems I am just putting more air in the system. While the mity vac is attached with about 15" if I pump the clutch it will eventually not come back up. I can remove the mityvac and pump it back up, but its only good for a couple shifts then it must be pumped some more.

I was thinking of getting a new master cylinder but it worked perfectly until I threw the new clutch in.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try bench bleeding the master?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might try getting a new one, I just got one from car quest for 60 bucks, about half of auto zone at 130.00, I tried the bench bleed over the week end, and yielded no difference in operation

Quick Reply: Please help! Hydraulics are not fun!