Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny uh oh

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny uh oh

I was driving in 6th gear at about 50mph. Just cruising. All of a sudden I heard a clunk and a jolt throughout the car. The car began to not want to drive smoothly or really want to move. So i decellarated and waited a second. I tried putting it into gear. And it didn't want to go into gear at all. I don't think it is the clucth. Pressure on the pedal is normal. And Car will still roll when clutch is pushed in(it didn't at first when I pulled over).. Here are the tranny specs.
Blue printed T56, Upgraded synchros, Stainless 1-2/ 3-4 shift forks
McLeod twin disk clutch with cintered steel flywheel.
The guy that owned the car before me had it built. The new setup only has a couple thousand miles on it. EVERYTHING is brand new. Broken in.. Haven't been able to even abuse it the slightest. I have fuel cutout because twin 340s aren't enough pump. I was putting an eliminator in this week w/ new rails, tank, and line. Now I have to deal with this ****...Any info??
Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
wrencher

If it is hard or impossible to shift w/ the engine off, you need to pull the trans.
If it does not roll in neutral there are problems ... sux to hear best of luck.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a cluster shaft broke. Time for a new transmission for sure. What do you mean stainless 1/2 3/4 shift fork? I think maybe you mean steel? How much power do you make. They will only hold around 700.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

The guy before me had it built. So I'm unsure.. Supposably built w/ Viper specs to handle 1000+hp.. But that's irrelevant because I have fuel cutout issues w/ the current fuel pump so I couldn't even give it the power... Could have been a shitty tranny build. We will see tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bad thing is even with Viper input and output they will not live past 700. Hope it is not as bad as it seams.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 07-11-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ls1Joe
Bad thing is even with Viper input and output they will not live past 700. Hope it is not as bad as it seams.

Thanks,
Amber
Starting messing with it today.. It's def. the tranny that's the problem. Not yet to pinpoint the culprit. I may be coming to you for a rebuild.. Can I get a tranny loaner?? haha. Or maybe a discount and I'll put some stickers on my car and rep you out??.. ha. Like I said though.. This thing NEVER saw any damn power to break it. I could understand(maybe) if I was putting some decent power through it. But I haven't even got the new fuel pump in. So I had fuel cut. it was Impossible to put that much power through it.. That's what pisses me off most about it. I would atleast want to break it Bringing the front wheels off the ground. Not cruising in 6th gear on the damn highway.