Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone tried the Mcleod master cylinder braided hose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 PM
DJB
12 Second club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone tried the Mcleod master cylinder braided hose?

I just wanted to know if anyone has tried the Mcleod braided MC hose on a pre 01 MC and has it helped? Also who sells the Mcleod hose and how much does it cost?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah...good luck figuring that one out. I posted in the thread about Textralia's line that is supposed to be a competitor to this piece (which incidentally, has never come to pass, and I'm not sure if it ever will...the market just isn't there). No one had any answers to this, so I bit the bullet.

What gets everyone is the price of admission...$140. Pretty steep for a stupid braided line. Then again, I'm that stupid to buy one.

Basically, what McLeod has done is take a stainless steel braided brake line and included the GM quick disconnect fittings, as well as the brass fittings that allow you to plug it into the Master and Slave Cylinders (the fittings you have to punch the roll pins out to get to). There is the main line with the male end of the quick disconnect that comes from the Master, and a much shorter piece that contains the female portion of the quick disconnect (although it is longer than the stock solid piece).

If you are familiar with the drill mod, then all you need to know is that that is already done. There are no restrictions in this line, including the fittings that plug into the master and slave. The line itself is also a bit larger, but that means nothing.

The rumor floating around in the other thread was that the stock line has more restrictions than just that one end with the fitting that goes into the master cylinder. I have no idea if this is true, but I'll find out this weekend, as I'll be installing a new master cylinder that has this line (I'll provide pics as well of what I'm talking about). When I get the stocker out, I'll cut the stock braided line and see what's inside (I'd like to know if there are any more restrictions, which I HIGHLY doubt). Sorry that it isn't going into a pre-2001 master, but that's all I could do (my car is an '02 anyways).

Stay tuned...