Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Can't Shift after Mcleod/LT4PP & Trans swamp!! PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Shift after Mcleod/LT4PP & Trans swamp!! PLEASE HELP

Just put in new LT4 PP/TO bearing, mccleod single disc and rebuilt trans from t56rebuilds.com along w/ hurst comp plus shifter. When the car is off I can shift into most gears, when its on it only likes to go into 1st and 4th and I really have to force it to go in.

I blead all the air out of the system w/ a mighty vac. I also took off the housing around the slave cylinder and just bolted the slave up w/ out it so we could watch it go in/out and move the fork. When someone pushes in/out on the clutch the slave pushes in about 3/4" on the fork which in turn moves as well. So that seems to be working fine. I am positive that the fork is aligned on the t/o bearing fine. I can pop it in & out and its noticible when it pops onto the t/o bearings.

TESTING:

When the car is off you can just about go into almost all the gears. When its on you can get into 1st and 4th which you have to push on a little harder to get in but they go in. Now heres the interesting parts. When you put it in gear w/ the car running and the clutch is fully pushed in the back wheels spin, but if you go on the brakes a little they stop and the engine doesnt die.

If you let the clutch out while its in gear and put hte brakes on the engine wants to die like it should.

So it seems like the disc is almost a little too fat or the pp is not being pulled far enough.

Should I just go out and try to drive it? And maby the clutch disc will wear down 1 cm and everything will be fine? Or will that damage my trans and stuff to much?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason,

Do not drive it until you figure out the clutch problem. From talking with you we have ruled out a transmission problem and solenoid problem and know that since the tires spin with the clutch pushed in the clutch is not disengaging. There is not enough seperation on the clutch and like I said on the phone, I am not sure at all about the hydraulics and clutches on an LT1. Try posting the questions on the board we spoke about and see if anyone can answer them.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com