Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Odd Clutch Slippage

Old 08-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Odd Clutch Slippage

I recently finished my ls1/t56 swap into my 70 camaro. I drove it one night, and it ran and drove great. The next day, I went to drive the car and the clutch was slipping really bad in almost every gear. I immediately brought the car home and parked it and tried to figure out what the problem was.

I started with bleeding the clutch again. When I opened the bleeder, fluid came out of the bleeder like it was somewhat pressurized and the fluid was warm. I went up to check the master cylinder and it was about half full and when I took the cap off, it also was under some pressure. When I continued bleeding the clutch, it was normal, and just flowed out of the bleeder rather than blasting out like it was under pressure. I took the car for a drive after that and the clutch gripped really good and everything was back to normal. Any ideas on what caused that to happen? I don't want to ruin anything or have it act up again. I was thinking that I might have had the reservoir too full and when the fluid heated up, that it pressurized the whole system, and the clutch couldn't fully engage. I only had the reservoir half full and then put the rubber piece on and then the lid. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:28 PM
wrencher

You could be right dont over fill it. Is this all stock LSx clutch componets, master slave & line?
The pedal isn't causing it is it, not returning fully etc?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

I checked out my pedal and it wasn't fully returning, causing the throwout bearing to spin and heating up the fluid causing pressure. I fixed the problem, and all is great now

Search this Thread