Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

quick help please....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick help please....

So I have been doing a tranny swap in my LT1 Camaro and seems like everytime I turn around something else isnt going right.. first got an LS1 clutch, second my master cylinder didnt have the rod in it that connected it to the clutch pedal, and now it has come to my attention that the pilot bearing I was sold was the wrong one... Got it all put together and the tranny just wouldnt go the last inch... we then tore it all down and realized that was our problem... finally got the old bearing out and I notice a grove in the crank... I think it may be from where the bearing was too big but i still made it go in... really it wasnt that hard going in but this could still be a problem.. anyways heres some pics... notice that the grove is larger on the top than it is on the bottom...

Old 09-19-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

just looks like the sleeve wasn't centered on the bearings. If you got the tranny in it should have centered it up. I'm no expert but you should be good to go. It's supposed be tight like that, I used a bushing instead of the bearings and it was really tight too, I had to go around all the bolts to get it the last 3/4"
Old 09-19-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't really see it too well but it shouldn't be a problem. Just smooth it out with emery paper to enable a good install with the right one. That won't hurt anything. The bearing/bushing is the only thing that matters and those grooves won't hurt it.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Teching In

good deal.. thanks...