Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bendix master cylinders.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bendix master cylinders.......

I ordered a new clutch master cylinder from Advance Auto Parts, it's made by Bendix. Has anyone ever heard of this brand, good or bad? Or should I just get a true GM master cylinder?

Also does anybody have a guide or a sticky for changing out a clutch master? It'll be the first time I've done one, so a little help wound be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again
Old 09-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Teching In

For what it is worth Bendix as a brand of brake hardware anyway has been around forever. Couldn't say whether they are any good for master cylinders on late model f-bodies though .
Old 09-23-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

i work at Advance Auto, Bendix is one of the upper suppliers of our brake pads, mastercylinders, and so on. i honestly don't know what to tell you. if your gonna be doing any racing (like myself) i would suggest a mcloud or some other brand like that. i'm sure the one we carry will be just fine for the *normal* driver.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

You never heard of Bendix?

Good parts.....

As a guide to removing/installing the master cyl.

It sucks...I'm not going to lie, but you learn a lot the first time and the second time won't be nearly as hard if you have to do it again.

Try Installuniversity.com for pictures and step by step.

The main thing you need you will need to do and you WILL find this out is placing the master back in the car. It's hard to describe, but pulling the line back down towards the piston and tucking it next the cyl. Then guide the master in piston first then snake the line under the steeing column when you can. Guide the bolt by the fender first since that's the one you cannot see from above the car. Once that side is in the hold you can at least guide the other side into the hole using your finger as guide.

Before you tighten the bolts too far make sure the piston is on the left side of the clutch petal....otherwise you will find it a pain to move it to the correct side.

Like I said...it's hard to describe, but you will see what I mean.

Also, remove the AIR tube from that side of the engine. It will make your like so much easier.

Good luck.

You can do it....it's not impossible.

Quick Reply: Bendix master cylinders.......