Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Won't work!!! HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Won't work!!! HELP!!!!

I am putting the car back together (04 GTO) after my last piston fiasco which has resulted in a new LS1 iron block 408 with all forged internals. I have an LS7 clutch which has been in and working for over a year. Now I can get no pedal. I have bled and bled. Had the trans and clutch out twice to see if I did something wrong. Everything looks good, just getting no pedal. I even removed the slave cylinder, then hooked it up to make sure it moved. Any ideas? Is there some issue with the 408?

After further pondering, here is more. The master cylinder is making pressure as I can hear it when I open the bleeder screw. I looked in the hole where the hyd line goes in and I can see no movement from the slave cylinder. So, how far does the slave move?

According to the book, the spring fingers should almost be flat when the clutch is installed and they are. Worrying about the clutch set out level since going to a new block, I installed the starter and the flywheel hits exactly in the center of the cutout area on the starter so I am confident on the flywheel position.

WTF am I missing????
Old 09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Launching!

I would first try bleeding with a mity vac. Then if you cant get anything maybe you needed a shim behind the slave... Since our slaves arent adjustable this is how we adjust them. On my clutch we bled the **** out of it with the bleeder screw and nothing was happening. after 30 minutes I bought a mity vac. After 15 minutes of the mity vac I got all my pedal pressure back. best 30 bucks I ever spent
Old 09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

try the shim thats the trick,,, and make sure that the spring on the slave is in its place.