Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Little clutch chatter...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Little clutch chatter...

There anyway to get rid of this short of swapping to a auto? I drove the car about 10k miles in the last 6ish months and it never really went away. I bought my TA used and from what we could tell, before I bought it there was a new clutch put in. It grabs damn hard on fast shifts and on take off. Any simple way to check what kind it could be? Chances it is a decent performance clutch or is it still factory clutch? I talked to someone with a M6 98 Z28 and he said that he had to really work hard to get his tires to bark shifting from 1 to 2 and it wasn't even much if it did, mine on the other hand I can bark the tires no prob going 1 - 2 and 2 - 3 and if I really try I can get it to do it just a little on the 3 - 4 shift but not as noticable as the others. Car is 100% stock as far as I know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stock clutch on my 2001 camaro ss and I can scratch all the way to fourth. so you could have a performance clutch or not.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

If that is all you got that is the least of your worries. A tranny swap will cost you more money and time than to get a new clutch. Is it that bad? Rev the car a little more from take off and that should cure it for you. If I dont give mine enough gas it will shake like its falling apart! Give that a try and see if that helps you out!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yea, if the clutch was not broken in properly it can attribute to this problem.