Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

going from auto to m6

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going from auto to m6

Okay well a couple of questions....

before on a tire i ran 11.3's to 11.70's at 115-119. This is with 380ish hp on a 4400 stall...

With a m6 i know my et will go down but what will my mph do???

also what is heal/toe driving??

any other suggestions??? I have drove stick before a few times (03 cobra 500whp, srt4, 3000gt...ect.....) and have been riding dirtbikes forever... so i know what im doing when it comes to shifting...just none of the "fun stuff" that i hear about.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everything being equal it should go up a couple mph but as you already know you'll probably lose a couple of tenth in et. Good swap imo
Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

If im not mistaken (which someone will point out lol) heel toe driving is when shifting gears, you have one foot on the break and one foot on the gas while engaging the clutch to keep your rpms up so when you are changing gears you stay in the cars power band constatly, therefor when exiting a corner you'll have maximum acceleration and shoot by the sob infront of you on your way to victory lol. Real road racing stuff, not sure why you would do that on the street all the time. Also seems like it would wear out your junk alot faster. Ive seen, on this forum, that its also a pia in an f-body cause the pedals are far apart for this manuver. To each is own. Have fun!