Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Help Please

My 2000 M6 T/A has been acting differently lately. I have two questions; the first being that upon heavy acceleration, after shifting into 2nd, and then 3rd, the clutch pedal doesn't spring back up, and I have to use my hand to raise the pedal back up to full height. What causes this?

My second question is are hydraulic clutches adjustable? I do not have much experience with straight shift transmissions. When I first got my car, with 16,000 miles, the clutch pedal released almost as soon as it left the floor, but now, at 40,000 miles, it releases about halfway up. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Chris
Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

I am by far NOT a M6 clutch expert. However, with the clutch pedal not coming all the way back up, I would think that the hydraulic system needs to be bled.

I think I have read on some other threads here, that the clutch does start to engage later in the pedal release with more mileage on the clutch. I am hoping this is the case, because my pedal is BARELY lifted off the floor when my new clutch engages.

Good luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Some tard' told me that the t-56 clutch pedal only need to be pressd half way to shift. Never bother to try it because I dont want to break anything. With that said there is something called the drill mod. They hydrolic fluid dosent have time to drain back quick enough and is a problem with the f-bods. I AM NOT AN EXPERT!!! Do a search on this subject and verify if im correct, or more important, flat out wrong! But do a search, tons of info!