Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 Clutch feels different after Driveshaft broke!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 Clutch feels different after Driveshaft broke!!!

I was on the freeway about 3 weeks ago and my driveshaft broke. Thankfully it did not mess up my Moser 12 bolt in the process, but the shop that fixed it replaced the driveshaft, the U joints and a seal on the tranny. When I got the car back the clutch (LS7 clutch, LS2 Flywheel) feels really light and grabs really high on the clutch travel. For those of you that have driven the LS7 clutch before, you know that it grabs VERY close to the floor and now it it grabs at around 1 to 2 inches of travel. What could have caused this? Could my clutch have blown out in the incident? Could it need a good hydraulic bleeding? I hate that my car doesn't FEEL the same. Any help would be appreciated.

The mechanic (who I think was trying to pull one over on me) said I needed to replace my slave cylinder. I have already replaced this, along with the master cylinder when I rebuilt the tranny. Any help?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try bleeding it again. After mine broke in the pedal was back at stock & not right off the floor anymore. It is supposed to adjust itself.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its possible it could have bent the output shaft. Common problem when people break the driveshaft. Is the tailshaft seal leaking after you fixed it? That is one good way to tell.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 11-04-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the tailshaft seal? So I know where to look for a leak.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On the back of the transmission. The yoke goes in to the tailshaft. The seal is on the outside where the yoke goes in.