Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hurt Billet and WS6store stick?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurt Billet and WS6store stick?

Well i received my WS6store short stick i love the height difference. Problem is now that the rubber cover is smashed up against the side of the console and is very notchy feeling because of the pressure put against the stick now. the problem is occurring because of the little rubber cover on the Billet Plus shifter mechanism is now pushed out too much. This is causing the larger rubber cover to not be able to be pressed flush with the body of the console. Can i take the first rubber boot thing off and just use the big stock one to cover everything?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

Do you have the cover on the Billet Plus on right? I have the same setup on my car and I have no binding or fitment issues with it. The Hurst boot goes on below where the stick bolts on to. The stock floor boot goes on over top of that. I love my setup.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

yep i have exactly what you said. I think its because the bolts on the ws6 stick are bigger than the ones that came with the billet plus mechanism. So that little rubber boot sticks out more now, and that makes the larger floor boot not be able to be pushed down flush to the floorboard. It was fine before i changed the stick.

Quick Reply: Hurt Billet and WS6store stick?