Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trans or clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans or clutch

Well I cant tell if my clutch or my trans is trashed. Here is the problem last time i ran my car it got stuck in 4th gear on the return road but I was able to get in out of gear but then I was not able to get it back into any gear untill I let it cool down and then everything was fine. Drove the car home parked it and the next day I went to put it into gear and this time nothing, wouldnt go into gear at all. Now here is why I think it also might be the clutch, I had the clutch to the floor and tried putting it into 1st gear but it wouldnt go but when i push harder it still would not go it but the car move forward, so I cant go into gear but with the clutch to the floor and me pushing hard on the shifter the car moves......
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

More than likely you had a syncro slider/strut break. This will jam the syncro so you can not shift.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yellowbird1232
More than likely you had a syncro slider/strut break. This will jam the syncro so you can not shift.

But why would the car move forward with me pushing the clutch to the floor and holding (pushing ) the shifter into first and it not going into gear?