Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch sticks to floor, wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch sticks to floor, wtf?

Alright first off don't flame me for not searching, I did but I found a lot info and nothing that really gave me an answer I wanted to hear.. so if you think I didn't look hard enough or whatever just don't answer.

Anyway I've had my car for about 2 weeks and I'll just say I absolutely love it, the LS1 is awesome. I went really easy on it the first few week or so but the past few days I've been getting on it some. Pretty much if I run it past 4,500 or so in any gear and go to shift to the next the gear, the clutch sticks to the floor. I can pull it up with my foot and pump it and after a few times it comes up fine and everything is back to normal. The car has 78,000 miles on it and I bought it from a dealership as a trade in, I do not know if it's the original clutch or it's been replaced. I've heard about the drill mod and don't know maybe that's what I need to do? The clutch seems fine any other time except for if I'm getting on it but that's a bitch to have that happen when you're trying to race and then you can't even get into the next gear cuz the clutch is done. Also don't know if this is clutch related but maybe twice since I've had the car I go to put it in 4th and I can feel it like I don't have the clutch in all the way and it kind of grinds a little bit, I wasn't getting on it either time and it barely did it at all...

Anyway so is my clutch a POS, do I need to go LS2/LS7 or do I need to do the drill mod? Let me know.

Car is a '99 TA WS6 if it matters.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i hear ya man the same thing happen to me when i traded in my 95Z for my 00Z i had her for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden sticking to the floor it went.so i ordered a new slave and master cylinder and clutch at the time but it was just hydrolics but i figured since the trans is down do clutch i havent done the drill mod yet but when i get back from this **** hole sand box thats one of the things i plan on doing.

i orderd my stuff from a couple of ls1tech sponsors hope that helps out i know how pissed you are as the same thing happen to me

nathan
Old 11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same situation. I replaced my master, slave, and put in a 6 pad type disk in. Well, the pedal still has sticking problems if I speed shift it through 3rd gear. I suspect that maybe this is a problem with the auto adjuster ring and springs that are built into the pressure plate. Sometimes, depending how hard I drive, the clutch engages at diffferent heights and as I said , the pedal sticks on occasion. My vote is a bad pressure plate.