Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Symtoms of a bent shift fork ? How about a seized pilot bushing ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Symtoms of a bent shift fork ? How about a seized pilot bushing ?

My T56 is acting really weird. When it's up on jackstands with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor, the wheels don't move. I can rev the crap out of it and nothing spins, so I know for sure that the clutch is disengaging. Stop screws in my Pro 5.0 are removed completely.

When I'm driving, the shifter seems to fight going into 3rd / 4th. For example, I'll shift into 3rd from about 3K in city traffic, and as I push the shifter into the gate, I'll feel some mechanical resistance as it pushes in, like something inside the transmission needs to clunk its way into alignment in order for it to go into gear.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!

Last edited by trax; 12-10-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trax
My T56 is acting really weird. When it's up on jackstands with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor, the wheels don't move. I can rev the crap out of it and nothing spins, so I know for sure that the clutch is disengaging. Stop screws in my Pro 5.0 are removed completely.

When I'm driving, the shifter seems to fight going into 3rd / 4th. For example, I'll shift into 3rd from about 3K in city traffic, and as I push the shifter into the gate, I'll feel some mechanical resistance as it pushes in, like something inside the transmission needs to clunk its way into alignment in order for it to go into gear.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!
Possible bent shift forks but often when the shift forks are bent it does not want to come out of that gear. I would lean towards bad syncronizers in the trans. Either way if you think its bad enough the trans has to come apart.

Quick Reply: Symtoms of a bent shift fork ? How about a seized pilot bushing ?