Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya and sorry to hear about your clutch problems. so how long till it's ready again?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kookamunga
I hear ya and sorry to hear about your clutch problems. so how long till it's ready again?
i just finished taking it apart, took about 1hr 45mins from all four wheels on the ground to the flywheel off with just a rachet and jack stands, im taking it to the machine shop tomorrow so hopefully it'll be back on the road in a day or 2
Old 12-27-2006, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

I read your other posts and it looks like either the clutch is waaaaaay out of balance or the flywheel machined wrong sucks either way, probably not the way anyone should spend thier hoidays
Old 12-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Launching!

hahaha yeah the holidays this year haven't been to great, me and my girl just broke up, my bro's in jail, i lost my job and my car's broke down. spent christmas day with the dog. its all good tho, i just want my damn car on the road again
Old 12-27-2006, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

dud e hang in there the year's allmost done. I just got mine back today and so far so good. no unusual vibration or anything. other than a few noticible differences it feels no diferent than the stock clutch it replaced. which is good and exactly what I intended, woo hoo! so SPEC stage 2 seems to just about right for a reasonably stock motor (no internal mods at east) I was trying not to over clutch the car as it's so easy to do now days. the 2 big differences I felt was the lighter pedal effort and the lowerd shifting effort. there is a slight amount of chatter on the initial engagement but nothing to write home about and mostly due to the lightend flywheel. other than a small squeak on the clutch pedal to master cylinder interface(little bit of grease will fix this) only about 50 miles at this point but so far so good
Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Launching!

hmm, my clutch pedal is a **** now, crazy pressure. i just had knee surgery 2 months ago so its a little bit of a struggle in stop and go traffic. my motors pretty stock too so my clutch is a little overkill, buy hey, now i have to mod the rest of the car to keep up with the clutch haha
Old 12-29-2006, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

is that just a stage 3 thing?
guess it's time for some serious mods
Old 01-13-2007, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

well one Autox and 350 miles later the clutch seems to be holding up.apparently the Kevlar disc needs to seat and that takes a bit of time to happen. thus being that it is an Autox car it's verry difficult to get any miles on the car but so far the SPEC stage 2 clutch performed well. the remote bleeder is a wonderful addition as we were able to bleed the clutch in nothing flat without even jacking up the car!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoCal01z28
i bought a new slave from the local chevy dealership today and the people there said the 98-99 slave is all they have, and the 00-02 slave part number supercieds(sp) to the old part number, so i had no choice but to get the 98-99 slave. bah.

Local dealership don't know what they are talking about.

ALL currently available (maybe some wierd situations like REALLY old stock at a local dealer exception) slaves AND masters are the 01/02 style. Does NOT matter what PN you order, they ALL are the same parts now. According to DAl, who ought to know... I think he sells about half of ALL Fbody factory clutch parts in the country.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
Local dealership don't know what they are talking about.

ALL currently available (maybe some wierd situations like REALLY old stock at a local dealer exception) slaves AND masters are the 01/02 style. Does NOT matter what PN you order, they ALL are the same parts now. According to DAl, who ought to know... I think he sells about half of ALL Fbody factory clutch parts in the country.
yup that's what I've bben told also that the old number is pretty much gone so you'll only get the revised version now