Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t-56 shot again please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default t-56 shot again please help!

i just rebuilt my tranny last march and it has taken alot of abuse last year. i was driving home just crusing and 4th gear starting grinding, then it got stuck in 3rd and 4th a few days later. i took it apart all three billet 3-4 keys grinded to hell. i replaced them with the stock ones. car did fine for a few weeks and now if i use 4th gear it grinds and the whole shifter gets jammed like something is binding inside. this only happens in 4th. if i sit at idle and force shifter up and down from 3rd to 4th it frees up. car drives fine only if i stay out of 4th. i have new slave, ls7 clutch, last march i put in carbon blocker rings, billet 3-4 slider keys, bronze pads, new 3rd gear, new 3-4 sycho, and steel 3-4 shift fork. i have a stock 98 ss. could it be me doing something wrong? please help
Old 01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like if the keys are chewed up that your clutch is not disengaging all of the way. We just took one apart that we did almost 1.5 years ago with the keys and they look brand new. Where does you clutch disengage at?

Thanks,
Amber
Old 01-03-2007, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

my clutch engages about mid-ways now. when i first installed the ls7 it grapped close to the floor. i was thinking last night that maybe the teeth on the 4th blocker ring, 4th gear and the fourth sycho are shot. could it be possible that when i go to 4th they get jammed together and won't come apart? i should have inspected them alot better