Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slow high rpm shifts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow high rpm shifts

I have a '00 ss w/19k on it. I just put patriot heads, ls6 intake, cam, hooker coated supercomp headers & y-pipe, no cats, slp back, spec stage 2+ clutch & billet steel flywheel, new gm '01 and up master & slave cylinders. When I first started driving the car to break the clutch in, the tranny shifted fine, after a few miles it started getting harder to shift, especially at higher rpm. I bled the slave, it worked a little better then soon got worse. The higher the rpm the longer it takes to get in and out of gear. In 1st gear, half throttle to say 4500 rpm I step on the clutch and it takes a couple of seconds before I can pull it out of 1st, once out of 1st, it takes a couple of seconds to pull into 2nd, then the same for 3rd etc. The tranny shifted perfect before I changed anything. Do I just need to keep bleeding the slave or do I have another problem? Is my new slave or master cylinder defective? Suggestions anyone?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem, i also have a stage 2 clutch, i don't think its the slave or master because i replaced both and its still hard to shift, i may be wrong, but it might be whats wrong with yours idk but it didn't fix mine i may have have a different problem