Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Put in an exo skel, now I have some funny noise, please give your comments

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Put in an exo skel, now I have some funny noise, please give your comments

Kind of strange. At low rpms giving the car moderate load, say 4th gear at 20 mph or so and rpms around 1400, if I give the car some gas to get up in speed I hear a vibration coming through the shifter. To me it sounds like a kind of high frequency rattle such as if a shifter or the like were left loose, that is not my case though.

It is just weird, looking for some suggestions. It didnt happen before the swap, I replaced the throwout bearing, pilot, and clutch/flywheel. I am just wonding if I could have messed with something that caused that or if there is anything normal or common about it.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing here.. only in 4th gear, right. how is yours on taking off. my sucks. chatters like crazy...not happy at this point. only have 350.. miles.. they say it requires no brake in so i don't think it will get any better.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does not chatter at all unless it is hot. I know some people that had some chatter but after leaving the line a few times in 2nd with some rpms it cleared up, from what they said. I was quite surprised on how smooth it actually is. I dont know how much the gear difference would make, but I drove a vette that had 3.42's and had a bit of chatter.

I have been told by several people that this noise is just due to the unsprung disk. I get it a LITTLE in 2nd but rearly ever, 3rd some more, but more consistently in 4th. Everything seems to be ok though.