Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC 3+ concern/question??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SPEC 3+ concern/question??

ok so i have the SPEC 3+ clutch and properly broke it in. since then ive done a lot of beat runs and it has done very well. now after the running a 1/4 mile bout 6 times it feels easy goin i guess? for lack of better words? its wet out now so i cant go out and do a 0-120 test but driving around normal the clutch is so easy and smooth all of a sudden? this is all a day after running the 1/4 6 times. the pedal feel is the same i think or at least i havnt noticed anything different but the way the clutch engages is just way too smooth after it being a little choppy and chattery from before the 6 runs...? is this clutch supposed to get this smooth? oh ya i have about 2k miles on it now..
Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i have the exact same clutch and the choppy part sounds the same to me but except mine felt a bit choppier after about 200 miles have about 400 miles in it now and dont know if it will feel smooth soon but about to take to track around 500 more miles and ill let you know if anything like that happens to mine.

hope its cool about the clutch thing man wouldnt want to work double on taking it off again.. let me know whats up with it ok laterz
Old 04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya i hope this is normal....i mean the more i drove it it did seem to cut down a little on the chatter and choppiness but after i did 6 runs it just stopped completely and is like driving with a stock clutch....
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Murda, It sounds like you finished the break-in period to me. Remember, usage is the key to break-in, heating and bedding-in of the unit over-time are the way to do. It sound like you were very close to a fully broken in unit when you went to the track. The heat generated while there helped to finalize the process. No worries, let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

I have about 7,xxx on mine now and it drives almost like stock. These clutches seem a little bit longer to break in than others I have run.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Once you take it over 500 miles without beating it, the chatter will go all away and it will drive really good and smooth. Mine is perfect now that its broke in, I love this clutch. Hopefully I dont have any horror stories like others do. I have started beating on it now and have dynoed it last week too. So far so good.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

I would say it just fully broken in now, just as long as it is not slipping.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya im waiting for good dry weather again to take a beat run and see if i can notice any slipping because i do know every shift i made when running the 1/4 was nice and solid and then since then i havnt been able to get on it but driving around town normally i def noticed that the clutch is like stock when it comes to stop& go traffic

Quick Reply: SPEC 3+ concern/question??