Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Changing fluid in the T56

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4qts? Are you guys serious? I heard 6qts. I am about to replace mine tomorrow. The tranny is out of the car now for a new clutch and slave cylinder.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by johnnybravo
I'm planning on changing my m6 tranny fluid, also. This thread answered a few of my questions, thanks guys.

But, a few more questions: what type of pump (water, oil, gasoline, or does it make a difference?), and is it battery operated or manual?

Also, I plan on putting the front tires on ramps, then jack stands in the rear. Can I use a floor jack under the rear end housing (like the older cars)to get the rear high enough for the stands?

Thanks,
John
Go to Walmart, in the Auto section. They should carry a red and black hand pump, meant for siphoning fluids and pumping up tubes, ect. Its basically a hand pump with a suction tube on one end and fill tube on the other. It is like $7 and works perfectly

Yes, you can use a floor jack under the rear end, and then put jack stands under the axle. Just make sure that it is not touching the diff cover when you jack it up, otherwise it will dent the cover and you will have to buy a new one.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Go to Walmart, in the Auto section. They should carry a red and black hand pump, meant for siphoning fluids and pumping up tubes, ect. Its basically a hand pump with a suction tube on one end and fill tube on the other. It is like $7 and works perfectly

Yes, you can use a floor jack under the rear end, and then put jack stands under the axle. Just make sure that it is not touching the diff cover when you jack it up, otherwise it will dent the cover and you will have to buy a new one.
That's just what I needed to know. Thanks!

John

Quick Reply: Changing fluid in the T56