Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Advice on a Clutch Kit..

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on a Clutch Kit..

I've got a 93 Z28 and my throwout bearing is getting really bad, so I'm going to go ahead and change out the clutch while I've got the tranny torn apart. So I've been looking around for a good clutch. I found a RAM clutch kit for $300 and then I was looking at SPEC clutches. I was looking at a Stage 1 because my car is mainly stock right now, but was looking to get headers and Y-pipe and then possibly a cam n' such during the summer. So 350HP or so is what I'm looking for it to hold. Someone on another forum told me to go with the Stage 2 SPEC, but didn't give me a reason. Any input??
Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
FormerVendor

Razor, it is always better to over clutch a car (within reason) rather than to under clutch a car to your own detriment. In other words, if you are going to start adding more power you should do a clutch that is going to reasonably hold the power you are planning to make. The stage 2 is a great unit, so too is the 2+ or even a 3 if you want something with a quicker engagement and a racier feel. Let me know if you have any questions about specifics and we can go from there. I hope this info helps...Thanks,
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Ttt