Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia OZ700 after 10k miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I think everyone should throw the Spec is crap, Textralia is crap, Ram is crap out the door. You can have problems no matter what clutch you have. I think these things make the threads about which clutch is the best pretty much useless. Cause personally i'm tired of seeing Spec is a POS clutch, Ram is a POS clutch, Textralia is a POS. Just my .02.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jon5212
So I think everyone should throw the Spec is crap, Textralia is crap, Ram is crap out the door. You can have problems no matter what clutch you have. I think these things make the threads about which clutch is the best pretty much useless. Cause personally i'm tired of seeing Spec is a POS clutch, Ram is a POS clutch, Textralia is a POS. Just my .02.
Jon5212 is a POS clutch!

Old 05-11-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ima get mines
Jon5212 is a POS clutch!

Haha......
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
It seems, the USA is the land of the faulty clutch.....

Its a big place of course, but nowhere else have I heard of so many "faulty" clutches.
"Operator error" I think is what you're nicely trying to say. I tend to agree. I just put the OZ700 X Grip in my T/A and it engages nicer than the LS7 did. X Grip is a full disc versus the Z Grip which is the 6 puck design. I also put a brand new master and slave in upon installation. I have a few hundred miles on it and I'm going to put a couple more on it to make sure everything is good. Then I'm throwing the ET Streets giving it the real test.

A clutch is just like any other part (headers, etc.). There is no one clutch that fits all. So many variables involved to make one car slightly different from another. Slightly different masters, slaves, lines, installations. The clutch is obviously a key component and also a sensitive one. It's one that's worth taking every precaution possible (I learned this from experience also) and doing things right the first time due to the cost and work involved with clutches. I'm not bashing those with the problems, I'm just making the point that you'll never, ever find a clutch company that doesn't run into it's share of bad results, but it's not always the clutches fault.

Hopefully you guys make out alright and your experiences can help others in the future.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
I just put the OZ700 X Grip in my T/A and it engages nicer than the LS7 did.
I'm glad to hear this, I feel really good about my final choice.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, like I stated very clearly, I cannot blame it on the clutch yet because I have not pulled it from the car. I know there is NO air in my brand new master/slave setup because its bled like there's not tomorrow. I might be pulling it apart this weekend, I'll post what's wrong when I do. I've already talked with byunspeed and they said if the clutch is faulty, they'll replace it. It will all work out in the end I hope haha.

Quick Reply: Textralia OZ700 after 10k miles