Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ZOOM Clutches...? Who's using them.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ZOOM Clutches...? Who's using them.

I am currentlly building a 396 LT1 stroker motor With LE3 heads and the LE4 cam with a 300 shot of NOS and a turbo kit as soon as the car is running. I have been reading the post on the clutch poll....... Everything is kinda dispursed between good and bad on every clutch. I am going to be different and probably go with Zoom stage 3 HP series. What do you guys think of Zoom clutches and who is running them. I was planning on going with the Kevlar padded one that does not use rivets to hold them on insted the kevlar is binded. If I get a lot of negative feedback i will go with something else.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never heard of them or seen them in these clutch polls in this forum
Old 05-25-2007, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Are there even dealers that sell Zoom clutches? I thought you could only get them on ebay and thats saying something. Personally i wouldnt go near a zoom.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a zoom performance clutch just to get me by for a short time until I did a swap in a nissan I had.. And it lasted probally about 6 months tops it sucked *****...

RPS FTMFW!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

We thought that some of you would like to see proof rather than just read about hear say.

Mike Peters is a professional drifter and his weapon of chioce may appear to be a Nissan 240, but it packs a LS Magnacharged power plant that we thought would be a great test bed for a Zoom D2 twin disc clutch set up.

Now for those that have not had seat time in a drift car you should know that 'clutch kicking' is one of three techniques of initiating a drift. You'll see Mike doing so... at over 6000RPM in this video link!

PS. He installed this Twin Disc over a year ago and is still running it today!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhQXEz06v7s

If anyone that has not thought of a clutch system yet or has newly added a power adder... may want to keep Zoom as an option.

Quick Reply: ZOOM Clutches...? Who's using them.