Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!!! Z06 T-56 problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!!! Z06 T-56 problems...

I am posting for a friend but I'm sort of his mechanic/problem solver. He has an 04 Z06. Ok problem is he broke something at the track. He puts it in any gear and all it does is make a chattering or grinding noise. It does it in every gear and the car won't move. It also does it when the clutch is not pressed. He was about to heat up the tires before his run but when he popped the clutch it popped out of gear and started making a grinding sound. A local shop said it was the transmission but I still say its the torque tube that broke or got loose??? If it were the transmission it would only be first gear that would be messed up due to the hard launches. Any help would be appreciated from any corvette or T-56 experts. I'm an A4 guy, i get lost in the m6 talk...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing I would do is get the rear end up in the air and start spinning things over by hand. It could be the input shaft, clutch, torque tube (driveshaft), or the rear... Just gotta spin things over and see what moves and what doesnt move. I dont know a ton about vetts...the torque tube is greek to me.

But I know if it were me, Ide have the rear up on jack stands and I wouldnt even have the motor running. Just grab the rear wheels with it in gear and spin them. You should be able to tell where the noise is coming from at that point...

Then report back because atleast Im curious. haha

Justin

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Z06 T-56 problems...