Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

[b]need Big Help On My Trans[/b]

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [b]need Big Help On My Trans[/b]

hey I Installed A Brand New Ls7 Clutch With Flywheel Clutch My Self And A Buddy. We Put Everything Back And Bleed The New Slave Cylinder. I Broke In The New Clutch, Everything Was Going Good. Intil My Fourth Gear Grindins A Little. I Tried More Many Time To Put It In Fourth. Then It Got Stuck I Played With It To Come Out Of That Gear. And It Grinds In Third And Fourth. I Dont Know If I Need To Bleed The Slave More Or What. Is Going On, Because I Dont Think I Did A Great Job On Bleeding The Slave. Do You Guy's Think Its The Trans Or The Clutch That Needs More Bleeding Or Adjust Ment Need Help With It.......
Old 07-13-2007, 09:46 PM
wrencher

Common problem on stock transmissions to break the slider keys in the 3/4 synchro hub. So yes internal trans, unfourtunetly it's rebuild time for yours.
Read the Manual Trans FAQ thread at the top of this section.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Teching In

i had in idea that the trans was going to be the problem, but i wanted some info from people. thanks for your input.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the first to second gear grind, send it to sixspeeds.com, amber will fix you up right, I very happy with the results of my tranny rebuild and the customer service. 2cents.