Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Any reason not to get textralia?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An adjustable mcleod is fixing the sloppy pedal feel on the OZ huh? Now thats good news, I've changed the master once and the slave twice only to have the same mushy pedal that wont quick shift at high RPM's. And the clutch's performance is all jekyl and hyde on me. Once in a while its awesome, but most of the time its noisey, chatters, and the engagement point seems to play pong in my master.

One thing at a time though, still getting the tune kinks worked out to compensate for the new cam. The guys at Masport have been a HUGE help. Cant wait to get it all sorted out.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOIR
An adjustable mcleod is fixing the sloppy pedal feel on the OZ huh? Now thats good news, I've changed the master once and the slave twice only to have the same mushy pedal that wont quick shift at high RPM's. And the clutch's performance is all jekyl and hyde on me. Once in a while its awesome, but most of the time its noisey, chatters, and the engagement point seems to play pong in my master.

One thing at a time though, still getting the tune kinks worked out to compensate for the new cam. The guys at Masport have been a HUGE help. Cant wait to get it all sorted out.
ive never had the problems youre describing except for the high rpm shifting. My pedal felt fine, and was dead consistent, it just didnt disengage fully.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

Well I'm getting mine installed monday so I'm hoping for the best.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

My mistake, its just mentioned in this post here. So I was hoping the all the positive responses on the mcleod included his problems. Hopefully... lol I know it feels great when I get it bled, and when I put the new slave in. But that goes away within a few days. And back to crap.

Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage
Did you use the stock master with the OZ700 before you went with the McLeod? Just wondering, as I am putting my new master in one of these days when I have a few spare hours, and I hope to god it cures my horrible pedal feel, and on the carpet engagement (dont say bleed it, been there done that). If not I am selling the whole car and getting an 03 cobra, with the clutch already upgraded.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Well I've been driving mine for two days now and it seems great.

A little chatter but that will work itself out.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I loved mine when i had my SS. Went from a SPEC stage 3 to the Tex. Best damn decision i ever made. I had no noise, chatter bucking in stop and go traffic. If it did any of that is was so slight i didnt notice cause IMO the Spec was garbage.

Last edited by SmokeShow99SS; 07-31-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it is funny how everyone knocks spec. I am making 480 rwhp on the motor plus a 200 shot and went to the track with only 50 miles on the clutch and was pulling 1.6 60ft's on a stock rear and suspension. I drive the car often in traffic and have had ZERO problems with it. IMO they get knocked way to much on this site.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by heavy6.0
I think it is funny how everyone knocks spec. I am making 480 rwhp on the motor plus a 200 shot and went to the track with only 50 miles on the clutch and was pulling 1.6 60ft's on a stock rear and suspension. I drive the car often in traffic and have had ZERO problems with it. IMO they get knocked way to much on this site.
I think its kinda funny how many people have problems with SPEC.

I had a SPEC and it was a POS compared to my Textralia. They get knocked because a lot of people here have had problems with them... plain and simple.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

I know that Jarrod with Textralia wants people to use the stock m/c is because most people don't know how to properly adjust the adjustable m/c....then they drive their cars around withthe clutch half engaged and burn it up without knowing that their doing it.....Hope that helps alot of you here....and yes, I had the same issue....I have the adj m/c and mine is just fine....
Old 07-31-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by getusum
I know that Jarrod with Textralia wants people to use the stock m/c is because most people don't know how to properly adjust the adjustable m/c....then they drive their cars around withthe clutch half engaged and burn it up without knowing that their doing it.....Hope that helps alot of you here....and yes, I had the same issue....I have the adj m/c and mine is just fine....
Jarrod told me not to use the McLeod because i would "over extend the fingers on the pressure plate" they would bend permanently and the clutch woudnt have enough holding strength. In fact, one of his buddies he said had just installed one and it ruined his clutch assembly the first time he drove it.

Thats a bunch of **** as mine is holding like a m'fer in my full weight car after 4k miles
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
Jarrod told me not to use the McLeod because i would "over extend the fingers on the pressure plate" they would bend permanently and the clutch woudnt have enough holding strength. In fact, one of his buddies he said had just installed one and it ruined his clutch assembly the first time he drove it.

Thats a bunch of **** as mine is holding like a m'fer in my full weight car after 4k miles
He told me the exact same thing......But he was at the shop (six speed inc.) when Joe showed him different...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

I'd really like to hear from textralia about this because obviously its a fix to a common issue with their clutches...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
My trans was destroyed due to my OZ700 dragging as well. Theres alot of people who have problems with the OZ700 dragging with stock hydraulics that ive talked to. myself included. Even with the brand new OZ700 i just put in.

Ive swapped to a McLeod adjustable master and my clutch has disengaged and performed perfectly since then.

I really like the Textralia clutch, but it has dragged on my twice with the stock hydraulics. With a McLeod, its awesome.
Obviously, Texralia doesn't produce an adjustable master so they recommend the factory hydraulics in stead of acknowledging the fact that a competior (McLeod) has a product that will enhance the performance of their 0Z700 clutch. Just do the smart thing and buy a McLeod Street Twin, that way you have a great clutch with the hydraulics to match.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

I have had mine in for a week now with stock hydraulics and it drives great. If I have a problem I'll follow Texralia's advice. Then if that doesn't work I may look at the McLeod as an option.

Won't have any problems though *knocks on wood
Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Ive had mine in for about 3k miles and for the most part its doing good. I am a little worried that its not fully disengaging properly. I noticed the pedal engaging a lot closer to the floor about two weeks ago. I had this problem the first 200 miles when we installed it and it turned out to be loose pressure plates bolts so we dropped it and redid everything to the T. Everything was fine untill like I said two weeks ago I notcied the pedal engaging very close the the floor. I did the test where you hold the clutch pedal in and leave it in gear to see if the car pulls fwd, sure enough it did by 5k rpm's. So last week I bled it and the pedal did come up some. Seems it could come up just a tad more though. I did the test again and the car does not pull fwd but you could feel the car just barley pulling fwd like it had some force to it so does that mean its still not %100 disengaging. I really dont want to mess up this expensive clutch. Does it sound like I need a new master. We put a new throw out bearing, slave and a used with about 20k miles 01/02 master and did the drill mod to it. Maybe Young or Text will chime in here.

Overall except this issue the car drives good and handles my power no prob.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Exclamation

I just had my Trans rebuilt and had to have my 4th gear replaced.
It is grinding when going into 4th. I had my OZ700 put in with a Ram adj master about 1k ago. I inspected the clutch and it looked burnt.
I sent the pics to Pete and he said it was fine but it looked like I had
30K on it! I never had a problem getting it in gear or grinding until the trans went or did it? The rebuilder told me about 4th gear and the syncros being worn but not enough to cause the grinding.
Amber wants me to use the Mcleod master & Peter said I do not need it.
I have a new GM master on order & am hoping it will fix it but I doubt it.
Right now it disengages half way up but after several times checking
I did get it to creep when reving it too 5K. It only does it sometimes.
It pulses forward when it does it. I just cant fiqure out why it does it only
grinds in 4th? Is it because its new & has more meat on it?
Also what would make the clutch stop disengaging as it wears? It should be the oposite? The pedel should engage higher as it wears???

Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mondi2002
I just had my Trans rebuilt and had to have my 4th gear replaced.
It is grinding when going into 4th. I had my OZ700 put in with a Ram adj master about 1k ago. I inspected the clutch and it looked burnt.
I sent the pics to Pete and he said it was fine but it looked like I had
30K on it! I never had a problem getting it in gear or grinding until the trans went or did it? The rebuilder told me about 4th gear and the syncros being worn but not enough to cause the grinding.
Amber wants me to use the Mcleod master & Peter said I do not need it.
I have a new GM master on order & am hoping it will fix it but I doubt it.
Right now it disengages half way up but after several times checking
I did get it to creep when reving it too 5K. It only does it sometimes.
It pulses forward when it does it. I just cant fiqure out why it does it only
grinds in 4th? Is it because its new & has more meat on it?
Also what would make the clutch stop disengaging as it wears? It should be the oposite? The pedel should engage higher as it wears???
I went through the same deal with the Textralia, and mine looked just like yours, only worse. My trans had to have the 2-3-4 gears replaced as well. I replaced it with a new OZ700 and new stock master, still hung up. I swapped to a McLeod master, and my disengagement probs have disappeared. Plus, it feels alot better to me.

I cant answer why it only does it in first, but id suspect it is prob doing it thorugh all the gears like mine was, and 4th is just more noticeable for some reason. Mine was always especially bad on the shift to 4th as well
Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimmard
I'd really like to hear from textralia about this because obviously its a fix to a common issue with their clutches...

I would also like to hear about the adjustable master cylinder versus the stocker. I also had a textralia clutch that dragged and cost me a 1000$ dollar trans rebuild. Textralia replaced my clutch for free after 6 weeks of waiting on my part, but that doesnt cover a dime of the trans rebuild.

I just put in a brand new GM master cylinder and the new clutch, so I really dont want to have this problem again.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Update.
I put a new GM Master in and it still creeps if you rev it to 5K in first.
It is fully bled and engages half way up like normal when not reving it.
I would like to hear from textralia about this.
Wonder if I could use a Spec 3+ with the textralia flywheel?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Bump to the Top

Quick Reply: Any reason not to get textralia?