Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Huge problem...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge problem...

Yeah, so I was comming home from a car show tonight, everything seemed fine, then my car kinda decided it didnt like me. The transmission and engine just kinda exploded. Dont really know where It came from, but just kinda happend. It happend at night, but I'll know for sure exactly what happend when I'll check it out tommrow. I'll also post pics so you can see the extent of the damage. Its only a 3.4L V6 though. My friend who is doing an engine swap to an LT1 still has his original 3.4L that will probibly end up being sold to me. Mine is a standard, and his is an automatic. what will I need for the swap?? Standard to automatic. I cant afford a LT1, although now would be the perfect time to put one in! Also, I'm not good enough of a mechanic to do a V6 to V8 swap, especially with the new technology the camaros/firebirds have. V6 to V6 shouldnt be bad for me though. What will I need?? Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM
wrencher

So it lost the motor then?
Your trans should be just fine.
If the motor went & locked up that is likely what you experienced.
Just make sure the donor motor has the provision for the pilot bearing in the crankshaft & everything else matches up. Then you should be able to swap out motors.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wrencher
So it lost the motor then?
Your trans should be just fine.
If the motor went & locked up that is likely what you experienced.
Just make sure the donor motor has the provision for the pilot bearing in the crankshaft & everything else matches up. Then you should be able to swap out motors.
I got it to start up yesterday, but it was not running good at all. I've never herd soo many different noises comming from an engine in my life!! but it started though. Wouldnt move either. The clutch is also gone too. Which meant that my transmission may also have some things wrong with it, because I think something blew right out of the transmission. Probibly my clutch. Later on today I'm going to check it out and see. I'll take pictures to show everyone. It probibly isnt going to be pretty though!