Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help please!!! what clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please!!! what clutch???

Well yesterday I was driving my car and clutch pedal went to the floor. I figured out that it was the slave cylinder. Took it to the shop today and pulled the tranny and my clutch is gone also. My flywheel is okay and can be resurfaced. The guy at the shop says that its 800 dollars for thr stock LUK clutch that includes a new flywheel. I think that is outrageous for a stock clutch. If im gonna spend that much money I would like to replace it with a better one. But I have no idea what to get. My car is prety much stock other then a few bolt ons, and am not poannig on serious power upgrades for a long time. Please any help would be greatly appreciated?

thanks
Scott
Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't listen to that tool. $800 is way to much for a stock clutch. If thats including labor thats not to bad but if its just for parts that's a total rip. An ls6 clutch kit is about $470 but I would recomend the ls7 kit for about $400 its a better clutch all around.

Check here for some clutches
Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonB
Don't listen to that tool. $800 is way to much for a stock clutch. If thats including labor thats not to bad but if its just for parts that's a total rip. An ls6 clutch kit is about $470 but I would recomend the ls7 kit for about $400 its a better clutch all around.

Check here for some clutches
Awesome im ordering one tomorrow.
Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Need help please!!! what clutch???