Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How to check for dirty clutch fluid??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to check for dirty clutch fluid??

How do I check to see if my clutch fluid is dirty? Do you have to take stuff apart or is there a little resivour in the engine bay? I'd like to check and see if its dirty or not, as its hard to shift into third at 5.5K+ RPM's. My car is a 02 Z28.

Also, if its dirty, how many hours does it take to bleed the system and change out the dirty fluid? I know nothing about cars so I would need a dealership or performance shop to do it for me, and do not want to be conned into 5 hours of labor for a 2 hour job.

Edit: Also, when I bring it to the shop, what do I ask to have done? Do I just ask for them to bleed my clutch and change the fluid?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the fluid in the small white resivoir on the drivers side inside the engine compartment towards the back. It takes a while to change the fluid and bleed the system, but I cant recall how long to expect off the top of my head (I did it about a year ago). Tell the shop you want your clutch hydraulic fluid changed.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if a shop has a lift it shoudent take no more then 1 hour, doesent take to long once you find the bleeder and fit your hand in that area or you can use ranger's method for now http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html