Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Power shifting, missing 3rd gear & the drill mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plainred02Z
I'm a bit of a manual noob and was having that same problem. I went to my local speed shop ( eastside ) and the guy took my car for a spin. He was able to shift fine at 5800 - 6K ( although you can't granny it in there, you gota shift it like a man ). He told me I gota make sure the clutch is all the way down and wait like a quarter of a second before I shift, so that the hydrolics could catch up. This is with a 100% stock setup.

I took his advise and moved my seat a bit forward so to make sure the clutch pedal goes all the way down, and then instead trying to simultaneously push the clutch and move the shifter, I pushed the clutch 100%, waited a fraction of a second, then banged that ****** in there. Went in like a hot knife threw butter. Might not be the same issue for you but dosn't hurt to try.
Thanks for the tip, I've give that a try....I'm thinking more and more that its driven related on my end. :-)

I never thought the factory Hurst was that bad of a shifter, but with the Pro 5.0 on it way next week, I'll compare the two and write back about them.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched from the factory hurst to pro 50 with lou's short stick and improved my shift
times a lot.They average between .18ms and .20ms on the logs when racing now.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i just got an 02 z m6, i was getting on the highway and i was goint about 110 mph in 4th gear and got out of the gas to let the motor slow me down and i brake to about 80 and i go to shift to 5th and the S.O.B would not come out of 4th, it felt like something was keeping it from go in to neutral and i had my foot on the clutch and trying to get it out of 4th and the gears where graining i stop 2x and i was able to go up throgh all the gears with no problem but it did it again to day but i was only going 45ish, any body know what going on thanks
Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bent slider. Time for a rebuild. It will eventually do it and will not come out, and may **** up more stuff along with it if you keep driving it.

Quick Reply: Power shifting, missing 3rd gear & the drill mod