Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What Clutch for 650rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by david vericker
The street twin comes with a fully adjustable master cylinder....I don't understand when you say that your master cylinder was modded to adjustable? It sounds like you were using the OEM master cylinder with a Mcleod clutch....is this the street twin that you a referring too?
There is no adjustable master cylinder available for the C6Z from McLeod. The C5 one does not work on it either. And Yes it is the twin disk.

Jack
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jscraftmasters
There is no adjustable master cylinder available for the C6Z from McLeod. The C5 one does not work on it either. And Yes it is the twin disk.

Jack
Sorry, I can't help you with your application....Mcleod should be willing to give you technical advise about the installation of their unit.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Sorry, I can't help you with your application....Mcleod should be willing to give you technical advise about the installation of their unit.
Not at all! When their clutch was installed they told me I would have a adjustable master cylinder within a couple of weeks. After two months they tell me not to expect one anytime soon! Of course by that time the clutch was already slipping and now I can't get another clutch or even a response from them!

Jack
Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Not at all! When their clutch was installed they told me I would have a adjustable master cylinder within a couple of weeks. After two months they tell me not to expect one anytime soon! Of course by that time the clutch was already slipping and now I can't get another clutch or even a response from them!

Jack
To tell you the truth I haven't dealt with Mcleod's customer service....my unit has performed flawlessly....hopefully, your experience doesn't indicate that their customer service is that poor for all of their products.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 178 Likes on 116 Posts

Look into the Textralia twin disk as well. I received a direct phone call from their rep in Australia to answer my questions. Very good customer service.

Construction is top notch; however I haven't driven the car yet with it. Build in progress.

575rwhp n/a and plan to spray a 150-200hp shot.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gnx7
Look into the Textralia twin disk as well. I received a direct phone call from their rep in Australia to answer my questions. Very good customer service.

Construction is top notch; however I haven't driven the car yet with it. Build in progress.

575rwhp n/a and plan to spray a 150-200hp shot.
Tex didn't work for me either!

Jack
Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just curious what happened w/ your tex? looking in to them myself.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Chatter was so bad I could not drive on the street without breaking tires loose. And not that I just wasn't use to it because Tech that installed it couldn't drive it either. I think they have changed materials now

Jack
Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Chatter was so bad I could not drive on the street without breaking tires loose. And not that I just wasn't use to it because Tech that installed it couldn't drive it either. I think they have changed materials now

Jack
Mcleod and Textralia are two of the best on the market....something is not right here....maybe you need a new tech with a little more experience installing a LS type clutch. These two clutchs were specifically manufactured for the C6 LS6 ...RIGHT?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Mcleod and Textralia are two of the best on the market....something is not right here....maybe you need a new tech with a little more experience installing a LS type clutch. These two clutchs were specifically manufactured for the C6 LS6 ...RIGHT?
I meant LS7.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My tex doesn't chatter really anymore at 1000 or so miles. It was annoying along the way to that 1000 miles. I was pretty hard on it from about 400 miles on,just on the street not track. They do have their more streetable carbon kevlar discs now for the twin. At the expense of some power handling but no idea how much.

Chatter could be caused by oil on the clutch or not cleaning the flywheel, pressure plate etc on install. Maybe you have rear seal leak?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:29 AM
Teching In

I meant LS7.
I am told that NO ONE makes a C6Z clutch with the right dimensions as the stock Chevy clutch except Spec. Who knows what to believe anymore? I DO have tech's installing these clutches with experience! Thought that might be the problem everytime so I went to different places each time. Others have had the same problems that I have talked to with C6Z's. That is why I am on here and need someone who is at about the same hp as I am to tell me what they have had success with!

Jack
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
FormerVendor

Jack, We have had great results with our Super-Twin clutch kits as well as our stage 3+ kits. What kind of power are you shooting for long term. Let me know and I will be happy to make a suggestions of the application that best fits your needs. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Teching In

800-850 rwhp. Just want someone to tell me clutch will last greater than 5-10 times down the track! everyone wants to sell me a clutch but I want someone to stand behind it this time. Maybe that's a tall order but in my business I have to guarantee my product!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

800-850 rwhp. Just want someone to tell me clutch will last greater than 5-10 times down the track! everyone wants to sell me a clutch but I want someone to stand behind it this time. Maybe that's a tall order but in my business I have to guarantee my product!

You say that you have chatter so bad that the car can't even be driven ....what the hell does that have to do with HP. Just lay this 800/850 bad boy on us....tell us what your combo is. Ya, give Spec a call they have such a sterling track record on this tread, without a doubt that's your solution to the problem. They can't even produce a clutch that will take 450 rwrp for more than a couple runs down the track...the one I had was nothing short of garbage....customer service sucked.....purchased through WCC IN 2004.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

David, perhaps I am miss-understanding something in your post. Are you indicating that you had a problem with a clutch that was two years old and you feel like we let you down in terms of warranty? Maybe some more specifics will help better understand the story. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
David, perhaps I am miss-understanding something in your post. Are you indicating that you had a problem with a clutch that was two years old and you feel like we let you down in terms of warranty? Maybe some more specifics will help better understand the story. Thanks!
The clutch and Aluminum flywheel were purchased separately 8/17/04 (at the same time) from WCC in 2004 and I was assured that both were zero balanced and ready to install. After approximately less that a 1000 miles the vibration from the clutch assembly was so bad that I was afraid to drive the car.

The run around I got was that the components needed to be balanced prior to installation. I asked WCC specifically if any prior balancing was required...I was told no additional balancing was necessary.

I have changed my combo entirely sence 2004 and have disposed of the old paperwork that pertained to most of those parts. However, i do have that clutch and flywheel and they look like new ( 600 -1000 miles of service).

PM me and I will give you my address - send me a return shipping tag....this way you can evaluate the clutch assembly....from what I recall this is a Spec 2.

I did receive a replacement clutch/shipped on 9/20/04 ....we can discuss this matter (issues) through PM. The above dates were obtained through WCC today.