Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Power shifting..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
I think 350+ passes says otherwize. If you powershift right, fast, and presice, you hurt less of the car then if you did not.

I keep the throttle planted to the floorboards, tap the clutch about an inch, and pull the lever. If you have a good enough clutch, that time is enough to it to disengage/engage. So your tranny will be fine it its done right and with the right equipment.

It is harder to powershift a Vette because of the shifter linkage, but its is still very posible and will show a great improvement in ET and MPH
sorry bro Ive seen trannies up close with my own eyes. It does hurt no matter how you do it. Of coarse a clean quick powershift is going to hurt less but it still does. The teeth on the gears wear down. Its a fact man, not some crazy mans theory like yours that powershifting is good for the tranny or doesnt hurt it at all.

Im glad your tranny is working fine after 350 HARD powershifted passes, can you imagine how much longer it could last if you didnt, I can.
If you dont beleive me and are truely on the original tranny with 350 passes (not disbeleiving you at all) go open it up and look at the teeth on the gears.

Im not disagreeing from faster mph and et I know it helps, every little bit helps.

Quick Reply: Power shifting..