Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 horsepower record/max horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give you a call , maybe I can help sort out the issue .
Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Amber will get you squared away. We use one of there tranny's in our 900rwhp car and no problems in 2 years.

Also Vette's are not drag cars.**** just breaks in them no mater what you do.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:53 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh don't worry the issue has been sorted out...WITHOUT G FORCE components. true test will be next weekend.

speedracer, do you drag race your car? just curious, my failures are relative to the power/weight. but i am nowhere near the 1200 hp advertisement that you see in the FSC mags. my car is like a testbed. but i have honestly had the most luck with stock components, viper shaft and now a custom input shaft. if it was not their fault why did they ship my parts back at no charge even after offering to pay for it????? wtf do i know....apparently nothing.

i made the offer to explain my experience to another board member who didn't want to speak over the phone, nor could understand that i won't put details down on the internet until i decide what i am doing, maybe that is difficult to comprehend. if i do i will be posting the facts of what broke on all three occasions, on every board that even relates to T56's transmissions. that will be my only solice aside from the t shirts i will be making up.

if any one else is burning to know what my experience was i would be happy to speak to you. feel free to pm me a number and a good time to call you at or i would be happy to send you mine.

and ya i know opinions are like a$$holes everybody has one.

TTcoupe,

sorry for jacking the thread. i will stop with my bantering.

Last edited by taner; 09-28-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a customer that called me today who had a G-force that did not make it out of the water box, that G-force Built. It spit the busted cluster chucks out of the side of the transmission case. This will be his third broken G-force also. It does however make over 1200whp. I am not here to bash but come on what's up with the QC??????
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by taner
speedracer, do you drag race your car? just curious, my failures are relative to the power/weight. but i am nowhere near the 1200 hp advertisement that you see in the FSC mags. my car is like a testbed. but i have honestly had the most luck with stock components, viper shaft and now a custom input shaft. if it was not their fault why did they ship my parts back at no charge even after offering to pay for it????? wtf do i know....apparently nothing.
Yes I drag race my car some and my race weight is around 3800 lbs. My best 60' is 1.48 spinning.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:05 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks! i haven't even had a 60' below 1.48 this year and tonnes of issues. so yours is heavier, and you make more power. enuff said. you pretty much proved my point.
lack of process control, whether it is from their heat treaters, in combination with machining, etc...
I work in automotive, I just left Chrysler to go to a Tier 1 supplier, and let me tell you, with the lack of control of their processes that I have seen alone with the parts shipped to me, well i can honestly they wouldn't last a day in the real world.

Quick Reply: t56 horsepower record/max horsepower?